TIP: YOU MUST MASTER YOUR SELF CONFIDENCE
Building your self confidence is a critical step in both leaving an abusive relationship and in overcoming the effects of abuse.
Why is it so critical?
- It will give you the strength that you need to change yourself and your life
- It will make you unattractive to abusers
- It will increase your happiness
- It will significantly increase your chances of success in anything you put your mind to
Abusers depend on the insecurities of their victims to be able to manipulate and control them. By investing time in building self confidence, you will repel abusers and attract the right kind of people into your life.
Imagine what your life will look like when you have strong self-confidence:
- Positive opportunities will come to you abundantly in your career
- You will have power to control the shame and negative talk you give to yourself
- You will attract loving and generous human beings into your life
- You will no longer have to fear that you will be a victim
10 Ways to Build your Self Confidence TODAY:
- Do 3 things to take care of yourself: exercise, take vitamins, drink water, take a hot bath, get a pedicure, take a nap, take a walk in the woods, spend quality time with your kids or a good friend
- Do something nice for someone else: make dinner for an elderly friend, send a thank you card, tell someone how much you love them, invite a friend who is struggling to have a cup of coffee and really listen to them
- Adopt a positive mindset: no matter what comes up, reframe on the positive – “I went through this struggle, but I am here, I have survived and I am stronger”
- Set a goal to finish 3 things you have been meaning to do every day – even just little things count – make your bed, read 10 inspirational quotes, make a list of how you want your life to be in one year, sign up for a support group, find a counselor.
- Quit one thing that you hate doing and stick to it – no more getting up late, no more leaving dirty clothes on the floor, no more beating myself up for stuff I can’t control
- Get Grateful! – write down three things every day that you can be grateful for
- Journal – you can heal all past hurts by incorporating a daily practice of journaling, it is during writing that you can process what happened, allow yourself to accept, and let it go.
- Pick up a hobby you have let go – play the guitar you haven’t played in years, pick up knitting again, play tennis, find new recipes and develop your inner baker
- Ask for help – is there something know how to do? something you need to do but can’t do alone? there are so many people ready to help you, all you have to do is reach out to them.
- Practice Self-Compassion – recognize that you are human and we all make mistakes, by forgiving yourself, you can free your heart to allow in more joy.
Try at least one thing on this list today and notice how it changes the way you feel about yourself.
By incorporating some of all of these things into your daily habits, you CAN build your self confidence and provide insurance against ever being a victim again.
If you want to know more about building your self confidence, schedule a free consultation today!