Have you recently start dating someone and you are excited but something doesn’t feel right. Learning these warning signs early on can save your life.
- No respect for boundaries – he asks you questions that make you feel uncomfortable; he invades your privacy; he reads your emails; looks at your phone.
- Isolation – he controls your time and prevents you from connecting with those you love.
- He puts down your friends and family.
- He picks on you for things that you may already feel bad about; exploiting your weaknesses.
- He doesn’t have healthy relationships with a diverse group of people.
- He brags about how badly he treated another person in a previous relationship.
- He does not respect your body; doesn’t wait to ask for sex or forces himself on you.
- All of your friends don’t like him.
- He asks you to do risky things; unprotected sex; heavy drinking; drugs.
- He is intensely jealous over close relationships you have with someone else.
If you have noticed one or all of these warning signs, chances are this could lead to a dangerous relationship and you should move on now. You don’t owe him anything, seriously.